In recent years, Ukraine has developed legislation that supports public access to information and open data. However, legislation covering the procedures are still to be developed. Before the war, Ukraine was developing an Open Environment portal, intended as a national, automated, informational-analytical system in the field of environmental protection. It was launched in a test mode in May 2021. An additional portal to monitor war damages to the environment has also been developed (Ecozagroza platform).
EU4Environment – Water and Data works to support the development of an online entry point for access to data and information on water and the environment in Ukraine. Its development requires reinforcing access to existing data and information, developing metadata to ease data integration, and developing means to allow feedback and contributions from citizens.
- EcoSystem: National Environmental Information Platform of Ukraine
- Ecothreat: Open Data portal on the impact of war on the environment in Ukraine
- ENI SEIS II EAST (Ukraine)
- SEIS Open Data Maturity Report – Ukraine (in English)
- Convention on Access to Information, Public Participation in Decision-making, and Access to Justice in Environmental Matters (Aarhus Convention)