Azerbaijan is an active partner of the international community and Party to several Multilateral Environmental Agreements (MEAs), involving regular reporting obligations. Azerbaijan has also actively co-operated in all thematic areas with the European Environment Agency under the previous ENI SEIS East project, and participates in the UNECE Working Group on Environmental Monitoring and Assessment (WGEMA) and the Joint Task Force on Environmental Statistics and Indicators (JTFESI).
EU4Environment – Water and Data works to maintain and strengthen the level of engagement of Azerbaijan in data sharing co-operation with international organisations (esp. European Environment Agency and UNECE) and multilateral environmental agreements.
- State Statistical Committee of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- ENI SEIS II EAST (Azerbaijan)
- Convention on Long-Range Transboundary Air Pollution
- Convention on Access to Information, Public Participation in Decision-making, and Access to Justice in Environmental Matters (Aarhus Convention)
- The Protocol on Pollutant Release and Transfer Registers